Drivemode is an early stage startup founded by leaders from Tesla and Zipcar. Our mission is to create the best connected-car mobile app for the everyday driver, while solving the biggest problem on the road today—distracted driving. Our company is focused on creating innovative, never before experienced mobile software, working directly with industry leaders (e.g. Honda, Panasonic, Suzuki, and numerous other driving apps and hardware startups). We are a design focused company, where visual communication is a top priority.
As a part of our Design Team, you will be working on in-app visual designs, iconography, specifications, and marketing communications. You will be given the freedom to work independently from sketch to ship, while balancing daily collaborative projects with our product designers and engineers. It will be a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment, so be prepared to dive head first into vast array of projects. Want to try your hand in Sound design? Great! Motion graphics? Even better! In-car mobile applications have some of the most challenging UI problems, so we’re looking for talented designers with a great grasp of typography, color theory, and layouts.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work on all company visual design projects including in-app graphics, iconography, marketing communications, and brand
- Work closely with Head of Design for important product releases
- Design independently on original concepts
- Grow team knowledge of best-in-practice design trends occurring throughout the web and graphic design fields
- Develop and maintain detailed design specs and style guides for the entire product
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of creative agency or internal design team experience, with a focus on UI design for mobile applications
- Great eye for layout, typography, color, and iconography a must
- Ability to maintain high design standards in a lean, fast-paced environment
- Mastery of Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- A thoughtful web portfolio demonstrating your passion for fun, thoughtful, and simple design. Must show the ability to create mobile graphics, web designs, online marketing communications, and visual branding.
Big Bonus Points
- Product Design Experience
- Working experience with HTML/CSS/JS
- Motion Graphics, Sound Design, & Video Editing Experience
- Health, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Flexible travel to work at our Engineering Office in Tokyo, Japan
- Join an early stage startup with significant funding ready to take off!