Senior Product Designer
Drivemode is an early stage startup founded by leaders from Tesla and Zipcar. Our mission is to create the best connected-car mobile app for the everyday driver, while solving the biggest problem on the road today—distracted driving. Our company is focused on creating innovative, never before experienced mobile software, working directly with industry leaders (e.g. Honda, Panasonic, Suzuki, and numerous other driving apps and hardware startups). We are a design focused company, and run on a very iterative, hypothesis, and data-driven process.
As a part of our Design Team, you will take responsibility of projects from sketch to ship. You will do it all: research, user test, prototype, wireframe, and spec our next-phase products while collaborating directly with our engineering team. In this role, you will report directly to our Head of Design and CEO. In-car mobile design has some of the most challenging UX problems, so we’re looking for talented designers to not only find creative solutions, but invent new design principles.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Wireframe, prototype, iterate, and launch new product features by using car data, market research, and AB Testing
- Partner with product management, engineering, and business development on a wide range of projects
- Regularly present your work to senior management and business partners as a thought leader
- Help maintain high design standards by constantly challenging the team with thoughtful critique
- Freedom to test new ideas and push boundaries
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of product design experience, with a focus on mobile app design
- Strong background in interaction design with a great eye for layout, typography, and color
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that will allow you to defend complex design ideas
- Ability to maintain high design standards in a lean, fast-paced environment
- Mastery of design tools: Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch
- Mastery of prototyping tools: Framer, Proto, Origami, After Effects
- A thoughtful web portfolio demonstrating your passion for simple, intuitive, and beautiful design
Big Bonus Points
- Expertise in HTML/CSS/JS
- Motion Graphics, Sound Design, & Video Editing Experience
- Marketing Design & Art Direction
- Health, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Flexible travel to work at our Engineering Office in Tokyo, Japan
- Join an early stage startup with significant funding ready to take off!