Software Engineer, Mobile, Android
Drivemode is an early stage startup founded by experienced leaders from Tesla and Zipcar, with the vision of delivering an enhanced connected car experience to everyone in the world while solving one of the biggest problems on the road today - distracted driving. Drivemode has quickly become the largest driving app on the market, and we're working with industry leaders (e.g. Honda, Panasonic, and numerous driving apps and hardware startups) to revolutionize the way technology is used in the car.
As a member of our development team, you will take responsibilities in building our app from UI implementation to conducting deep technical evaluation of the Android framework in order to create features that increase driver's safety while providing a rich connected driving experience.
We are looking for proactive and highly motivated mobile app engineers with deep knowledge of the Android SDK, experience building Android apps, and a strong desire to learn and grow. We look forward hearing from you!
- Collaborate with designers, product managers and partners to deliver a high quality product that provides a rich connected driving experience for drivers
- Build re-usable, clean and maintainable components
- Develop for a wide variety of devices and OS versions
- Integrate Drivemode with hardware products and API partners
- Evaluate new methodologies and technologies
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or relevant work experience
- Strong object-oriented software development experience
- Experience in building consumer facing Android apps in Java
- Strong architectural skills and API design technique to keep a clean and maintainable code base
- Deep understanding of Android Framework, Java, Android NDK, etc.
- Health insurance
- Flexible travel to our HQ located in Silicon Valley
- Join an early stage startup with significant funding that's about to take off!