Drivemode is an early stage startup founded by experienced leaders from Tesla and Zipcar, with the vision of delivering an enhanced connected car experience to everyone in the world while solving one of the biggest problems on the road today - distracted driving. Drivemode has quickly become the largest driving app on the market, and we're working with industry leaders (e.g. Honda, Panasonic, and numerous driving apps and hardware startups) to revolutionize the way technology is used in the car.
As a data scientist, you'll work on the Drivemode product collaborating with engineers, designers and product managers to implement solutions for improving driver's safety while providing them with a better connected driving experience as well as contributing to the growth of the Drivemode user base based on the insights you've uncovered from quantitative analysis of user behavior data.
We're looking for candidates with strong background on quantitative data analysis that are able to contribute to the growth of Drivemode.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, product managers to identify and solve problems
- Establish best practices in data collection and analysis
- Design and implement algorithms to identify and understand user behavior
- Present data-driven recommendations to engineers/designers/product teams and lead them towards successfully implementing and tracking success
- Data infrastructure implementation for collection, analysis and automation. Drivemode currently uses BigQuery and MixPanel for data collection and analysis, but not limited to these.
- BS or MS degree in Math, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or relevant work experience
- 2+ years experience with quantitative data analysis
- Understating of statistics: statistical methods and the theory of statistics
- Ability to use SQL and statistical software (ex. R, SPSS, SAS)
- Strong communication and presenting skills to collaborate with teams to identify problems and lead teams to solutions
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Health insurance
- Flexible travel to our HQ located in Silicon Valley
- Join an early stage startup with significant funding that's about to take off